Back To School Sweepstakes Official Rules
This promotion is intended for play and participation in the United States only and shall be construed and evaluated according to the laws of the United States. Please do not enter this Sweepstakes if you are not a legal resident of the United States.
DISCOUNT COMPUTER DEPOT’S
BACK TO SCHOOL SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. Void where prohibited.
Who Can Enter
Open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are ages 18 or older at time of entry. Employees of Discount Computer Depot and their respective parents, franchisees, licensees, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotional, or public relations agencies, and immediate family (parent, child, sibling and spouse) and household members of such employees are not eligible to participate. This Sweepstakes shall be conducted in compliance with all applicable U.S. Federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law.
How to Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter, play or win. A purchase will not increase your chance of winning. Only one entry per person / per email address during the contest period.
(b) To enter, log onto www.discountcomputerdepot.com and click on the Back To School Sweepstakes Ad in the Image Carousel, or visit https://discountcomputerdepot.com/categories/refurbished-computers/desktop-computers/computer-tower.html. From there visitors will be directed to a splash page where they can register for a chance to win. Enter your email address and click ENTER TO WIN to enter. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted. All required fields on the entry page must be completed. Entries are subject to the terms of the ISP Privacy Statement and these Official Rules.
(c) The contest starts on August 30, 2018 at 12:01 a.m. CST, and all entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. CST on September 29, 2018 at 11:59 pm. Discount Computer Depot, its parents and subsidiaries are not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected email or for server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction.
(d) One drawing will be held on September 30, 2018. Winner will be selected by random drawing from all eligible entries by Discount Computer Depot. Winnerwill be notified by e-mail. Winners will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release within 96 hours of prize notification. If a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited automatically in its entirety and an alternate winner will be selected. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of an entrant, the entry will be deemed submitted by the person first identified in correspondence conveyed b the provided entry materials.
(e) All entries received that are duplicate, mutilated, tampered with, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property Discount Computer Depot and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- One (1) winner will be selected for the First Place Prize and one (1) winner will be selected for the second place prize. The total number of prizes awarded shall be two (2). The First Place Winner will receive one (1) refurbished i7 MacMini as described below; The Second Place Winner will receive one (1) refurbished i5 MacMini as described below;
- First Place Prize: The Apple Mac mini "Core i7" 2.3 (Late 2012/Server) features a 22-nm Quad Core "Ivy Bridge" 2.3 GHz Intel "Core i7" (3615QM) processor with fourindependent processor "cores" on a single chip, a 6 MB shared level 3 cache, 8 GB of 1600 MHz DDR3 SDRAM (PC3-12800) memory, dual 1 TB hard drives, and Intel HD Graphics 4000 which shares system memory.
- Second Place Prize: The Apple Mac mini "Core i5" 2.3 (Mid-2011/Aluminum Unibody) features a 32-nm "Sandy Bridge" 2.3 GHz Intel "Core i5" (2415M) processor with two independent processor "cores" on a single chip, a 3 MB shared level 3 cache, 8 GB of 1333 MHz DDR3 SDRAM (PC3-10600) memory, a 500 GB hard drive, and Intel HD Graphics 3000 with 288 MB of memory shared with the system.
- Winner will be notified by e-mail within 5 days from drawing. Winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility in order to receive the Sweepstakes prize, which must be received within five (5) days of notification. The winning contestant must also sign such forms as are necessary in order to report the value of the prize to the IRS as income to the winner, if found to be necessary by law. Winner must show picture identification to claim prize. Discount Computer Depot reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented. Entry in the sweepstakes will constitute your express request that the Discount Computer Depot and/or its agent contact you by phone or email and such contact shall not be deemed a telephonic solicitation nor a violation of any applicable Do-Not Call list or CanSpam or similar legislation.
- If a winner cannot be notified within five (5) days or does not timely return the affidavit of eligibility, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner. The unclaimed prize will be awarded by second chance random drawing from all remaining eligible entries. The same notification and verification procedures will be in force until such a time a winner has been officially notified and this individual will have fully complied with the stated eligibility and verification procedures.
- Discount Computer Depot has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. Prizes cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at Discount Computer Depot’s sole discretion as provided herein.
- The winners are responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
- Entrants are eligible to win only one prize from Discount Computer Depot within any one-hundred and eighty (180) day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
- Discount Computer Depot is not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
- Discount Computer Depot is not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
- Entrants will be requested to allow Discount Computer Depot and/or its agents the right to use their names and/or likenesses for advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation, however, entrants are not required to allow such use in order to participate in the Contest.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
- Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Complete sweepstakes rules are available at www.discountcomputerdepot.com.
- Discount Computer Depot cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or Sweepstakes information.
- Discount Computer Depot reserves the right to make rules and Sweepstakes changes and change the aforementioned Sweepstakes dates.
- Discount Computer Depot is not responsible for any late, lost, incomplete or misdirected entries, or for technical problems in connection with the transmission or receipt of entry, including faulty electronic transmission, traffic congestion on the internet or on the website, hardware or software error, equipment failure or malfunction, or other online communications problems. No liability or responsibility is assumed by Discount Computer Depot resulting from user’s attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes or download any information in connection with participating in the Sweepstakes. Discount Computer Depot reserves the right in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual (and all of his/her entries) who tampers with the entry process. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH ATTEMPT BE MADE, DISCOUNT COMPUTER DEPOT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. IN THE EVENT THE SWEEPSTAKES IS COMPROMISED BY VIRUS, BUGS, NON-AUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION OR OTHER CAUSES BEYOND THE CONTROL OF DISCOUNT COMPUTER DEPOT WHICH CORRUPTS OR IMPAIRS THE ADMINISTRATION, SECURITY, FAIRNESS OR PROPER PLAY OF THE CONTEST, DISCOUNT COMPUTER DEPOT RESERVES THE RIGHT IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION TO MODIFY, SUSPEND OR TERMINATE THE SWEEPSTAKES, AND TO AWARD THE PRIZES FROM AMONG ALL ENTRIES RECEIVED PRIOR TO ACTION TAKEN BY DISCOUNT COMPUTER DEPOT.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. By participating, entrants agree (a) to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Discount Computer Depot, which shall be final and binding; and (b) to release Discount Computer Depot and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, award supplier, and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, and representatives from all liability in connection with any prize received in this Sweepstakes or from participating in this Sweepstakes or any prize-related activities. Entrants waive the right to assert, as a cost of receiving prize, any and all costs of redemption. By entering, entrants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, participant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Discount Computer Depot in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. By entering, entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in or as close as possible to Jacksonville, TX.